10.12.2008

i kissed dating goodbye.


haha....funny title eh? i just found out that my new pastor, (of two weeks) who i really like, is an author.... he has written several books and i just found out that he wrote "I Kissed Dating Goodbye." funny funny...i never read it but i heard tons about it...

that pretty little cake over there was made for Opa (my uncle's dad) for his 83rd birthday! vanilla with lemon curd and raspberries! it was delicious....

school is okay....finishing my fourth theory paper of the weekend....observations start in a week though and i am really stoked about getting in a classroom.....my first school to observe in is on 12 acres of land! it is beautiful!

i miss you guys and have a great Sunday!

Rule 7: The only rule is work.
IF YOU WORK IT WILL LEAD TO SOMETHING.
IT’S THE PEOPLE WHO DO ALL OF THE WORK ALL THE TIME
WHO EVENTUALLY CATCH ON TO THINGS.

6 comments:

William and Krystle Rolfe said...

So your pastor is Josh Harris? Huh? for some reason I feel like I should have recognized that. Anyway, that's really exciting about getting to go in the classroom. I hope that you're doing alright, keep working hard!

Anonymous said...

DEE!!!
Thats so funny that your pastor wrote that book. Its good to hear that you have found a church to be a part of.

You are getting really good at baking it looks like. One day maybe I will get to taste one!!

PS I really miss you!

Rachel Crouch said...

That book is pretty amazing!! You should read it!

Rachel Crouch said...

Come over and teach me how to make incredibly delicious cup-cakes!!

Unknown said...

I have heard lots of great things about that book. It's about "courting" rather than dating right? Anyhow, thinking of you yesterday when my "twins" celebrated their bday at Pump It Up where Kev had his bday and you had made those yummy cupcakes!
Can't wait to read about your classroom experience!!!

Jeremy said...

Wow, your Pastor wrote "I kissed dating goodbye"? I never read that either but he's like famous. . . . . kind of. Maybe I can meet with him and find out how to kiss being single goodbye! Thanks for your prayers. Stay well. Cheers - Jeremy